Quick texts and messages are the preferred method of communication today, but email remains the go-to choice when it comes to professional communications, especially when it’s a first point of contact. When it comes to sending a professional email, don’t forget these important tips!
1. Refrain from using acronyms or slang words
2. Separate the content into readable chunks rather than one large paragraph
3. Be wary of the “Reply All” option
4. Practice concise writing by getting straight to the point
5. Respond promptly, affirming receipt of the email
6. Proofread before sending to minimize typos
7. Always include a subject line—those without may end up in the spam folder!
8. Keep the message focused on one subject
9. Watch the tone of your words since the non-verbal communication takes away the implied emotion